- Kenneth J. Anusavice, DMD, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Dental Biomaterials, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Learn the most up-to-date information on materials used in the dental office and laboratory today. Emphasizing practical, clinical use, as well as the physical, chemical, and biological properties of materials, this leading reference helps you stay current in this very important area of dentistry. This new full-color edition also features an extensive collection of new clinical photographs to better illustrate the topics and concepts discussed in each chapter.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Full color illustrations and line art throughout the book make text material more clear and vivid.
- NEW! Chapter on Emerging Technologies keeps you up to date on the latest materials in use.
- NEW! Larger trim size allows the text to have fewer pages and makes the content easier to read.
- Organization of chapters and content into four parts (General Classes and Properties of Dental Materials; Auxiliary Dental Materials; Direct Restorative Materials; and Indirect Restorative Materials) presents the material in a logical and effective way for better comprehension and readability.
- Balance between materials science and manipulation bridges the gap of knowledge between dentists and lab technicians.
- Major emphasis on biocompatibility serves as a useful guide for clinicians and educators on material safety.
- Distinguished contributor pool lends credibility and experience to each topic discussed.
- Critical thinking questions appearing in boxes throughout each chapter stimulate thinking and encourage classroom discussion of key concepts and principles.
- Key terms presented at the beginning of each chapter helps familiarize readers with key terms so you may better comprehend text material.