- Paul Coulthard, BDS, MFGDP, MDS, FDSRCS, PhD, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children’s University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK;
- Keith Horner, BChD, MSc, PhD, FDSRCPS, FRCR, DDR, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children’s University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK;
- Philip Sloan, BDS, PhD, FRCPath, FRSRCS, Consultant Histopathologist, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne; Honorary Professor, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, UK
- Elizabeth D. Theaker, BDS, BSc, MSc, MPhil, Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow in Oral Medicine; Senior Tutor for Undergraduate Dental Studies, The University of Manchester, UK
Master Dentistry is designed as a revision guide for dental students and presents the key elements of the curriculum in an easy-to-digest format. Based on sound educational principles, each volume in the series is fully illustrated throughout and is supported by extensive self-assessment questions which allow the reader to assess their own knowledge of the topic and perfect their exam techniques. This third edition has been fully updated throughout and addresses the oral and maxillofacial surgery, radiology, pathology and oral medicine aspects of dentistry. The Master Dentistry volumes are perfect for undergraduate students, vocational trainees and those preparing for post-graduate examinations such as the MJDF in the UK or international equivalent, and the ORE.
New to This Edition
- Each chapter has been fully revised and updated to reflect new research evidence and provide an international context including use of drug names
- The Human Disease and Patient Care chapter includes a new approach to medical risk assessment and updated guidance on the management of common medical emergencies
- Particularly significant changes in other chapters include surgical flap design, CBCT, radiotherapy, bisphosphonates, odontogenic keratocyst classification, zygoma implants, and contemporary specialist referral systems
- Information presented in a style which facilitates easy recall for examination purposes and a ready understanding of the subject
- Key facts are highlighted and principles of diagnosis and management emphasised
- Gives the reader an understanding of evidence-based practice in an international context
- Offers practical guidance on how to prepare for exams and make best use of the time available
- Perfect for BDS exam preparation and candidates taking the MJDF, ORE or other post-graduate exams
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!