by Debbie S. Robinson, Doni L. Bird
Fully updated to include the latest procedures and trends, this practical resource focuses on the core clinical skills and knowledge you need to become a practicing dental assistant. The concise, full-color text has been specifically designed and written to help you easily grasp important DA information. And step-by-step procedures, application exercises, and a wealth of pedagogical aids ensure that you master all the necessary skills.
- Focus on Clinical Dental Assisting provides essential information on the core skills and procedures needed to become a practicing dental assistant.
- Approachable writing style ensures that you have a full understanding of text content.
- Easy-to-follow organization offers 29 succinct chapters that move from profession basics and sciences to infection control, chair-side treatment foundations, and patient care in general and specific dentistry.
- Step-by-step procedures of skills dental assistants must master feature a consistent format that includes a goal, equipment, chronological steps, and rationales.
- Procedure icons clearly indicate what issues/things must be identified when performing various core procedures.
- Ethical implications are featured at the end of each chapter’s narrative to touch on important ethical considerations related to the chapter material.
- NEW! Content incorporates additional information on dynamic areas such as HIPAA laws and implications, digital imaging, dental materials, and caries prevention.
- NEW! Expanded and updated artwork focuses on newer products, materials, and equipment to remain current with technological advances in the modern dental office.
- NEW! Online student exercises on Evolve include crossword puzzles, and exercises on labeling, procedure-ordering, and instrument identification.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!