by Hans Pancherz, Sabine Ruf
This book is based on more than 30 years of scientific and clinical work with the Herbst appliance in the therapy of Class II malocclusions. Elaboration of the clinical use of this noncompliance fixed functional appliance include the following topics:
• Appliance design and construction
• Short- and long-term treatment effects in the management of Class II:1 and Class II:2 malocclusions
• Mandibular growth stimulation in patients treated at different stages of somatic and skeletal maturation
• Headgear effect of the Herbst appliance
• Therapy influence on the frequency of extractions
• Advantages and disadvantages of an early versus a late treatment approach
• Successful application of the Herbst appliance in young adults (20 to 30 years of age)
• Herbst therapy as an alternative to orthognathic surgery in nonsyndrome adult Class II malocclusions
Additionally, this book addresses the possible harmful effects of the Herbst appliance on the temporomandibular joint, the anchorage teeth, and the tooth-supporting hard and soft tissue structures.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!