by Eliakim Mizrahi (Editor)
Orthodontic Pearls: A Selection of Practical Tips and Clinical Expertise synthesizes a wealth of information gleaned from clinical and administrative experiences in orthodontic practice. The administration and running of an orthodontic practice is not often taught extensively or formally in most schools. This book fills that gap by providing tips, techniques, and practical hints to assist in everything from diagnosis and the use of appliances to patient management and marketing. Much of the information in this book comes from experience as well as lectures, courses, and journals. This second edition has been revised and expanded to cover:
- Digital advances in photography and radiology
- Digital intra oral scanning
- Lingual orthodontic treatments
- Temporomandibular joint disturbances
- Temporary anchorage devices
- Impacted canines
- Interdisciplinary treatment
- Risk management
- Marketing of the orthodontic practice
- The expanded orthodontic team
- Continuing education and its relevance to orthodontic practice
Written in an informal style, more akin to a seminar or tutorial, this book provides readers with information helpful in both the administrative and clinical components of their orthodontic practice. It is essential reading for all practitioners—even the most experienced orthodontists—who wish to improve their skills and knowledge in the clinical treatment of patients.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!